Additional Skill Acquisition Programme – ASAP
ASAP is a venture under the State Skill Development project of GOVT. of Kerala.
About ASAP DAT SCHEME
One of the aims of this scheme is to encourage Engineering and Polytechnic colleges to take up skill development programme and thereby increase their brand visibility. The Scheme also intends to transform Technical teachers as Master Trainers and thereby create a industry trained resource pool in the state of Kerala.
Through this Scheme, ASAP intends to encourage Engineering and Polytechnic Colleges to design industry relevant skill development programme and transform them as a quality Skill Training Providers approved by Sector Skill Council Concerned. Selected Engineering and Polytechnic Colleges may identify suitable job verticals in the areas of their strength and will design detailed curriculum through active industry consultation. This has to be done through a participatory approach. Once, the area has been identified, workshops will be organised with the support of Sector Skill Councils and programme designed may need to align with National Occupation Standards.
Additional Skill Acquisition Programme (ASAP)- Higher Education Dept, Govt of Kerala has provisionally selected Web Developer course presented by the Department under the DAT scheme 2016(Design, Align, Train).
Fund Sanctioned : 3 Lakhs Rs (Yearly Basis)
Spoken Tutorial Project IIT Bombay
The Spoken Tutorial Project began with funding from the National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology of the ministry of human resource development (MHRD). In the five years since its inception, more than 9.9 lakh students across the country have been trained in IT through these tutorials. Spoken Tutorial Project is the brainchild of Prof. Kannan Moudgalya, IIT Bombay, a chemical and electrical engineer, deeply involved in educational technologies and headed the Centre for the Distance Engineering Education Programme (CDEEP) at IIT-B in 2006. To bridge the gap between the employment seekers and the jobs, Moudgalya started The Spoken Tutorial project, which uses audio and video programmes for instruction. It recently received the best “Nurturing Employability” award from the Reimagine Education competition co-sponsored by the Wharton School. Earlier in 2015, the project also received the Google Mooc Focussed Research Award.
Around 630 original tutorials were developed in the form of 10-minute videos to teach programming languages, office tools, graphic and circuit design tools in a simple and interesting manner. These tutorials will also be dubbed into 22 languages.
The Project is also recognized by many of the reputed government agencies involved in Engineering Education along with similar efforts like NPTEL, Virtual Labs etc
External Contribution Involvement
- Joms Antony, AP/IT has been selected as an Approved External Contributor (for Original Content Contribution after clearing their Check List) during Nov- 2014.
- For Digital Divide Track
- For Java Programming Track
Funding : NMEICT, Govt. of India
CAPART was formed by amalgamating two agencies the ‘Council for Advancement Of Rural Technology’ (CART) and People’s Action for Development India (PADI). CAPART is an autonomous body registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860,and is functioning under the aegis of the Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India. Today, this agency is a major promoter of rural development in India, assisting over 12,000 voluntary organizations across the country in implementing a wide range of development initiatives.
Consultancy Government Funded Projects
- MR. Shiju George, AP/IT did Post Term Evaluation of the Project “Dessemination of Organic Manures Among the women” (FILE NO: TRDIT/KER//21/26/2005) on 17/10/10 & 24/10/10 for NGO, H.H.Matha Amritanandamay Devi Trust, Aamritapuri P.O., Karunagapally, Kollam-kerala
- MR. Shiju George, AP/IT did Mid – Term Evaluation of the project “Grameen Vikas Andolan” (File No: CAPART/RC/DWD/GVA/34/07-08) sanctioned by CAPART on 20/09/08 & 21/09/08. to NGO, Gandhiji Study Centre,Matha Arcade,Thodupuzha – 685 584
- MR. Jobin T J, AP/IT did Post Term Evaluation of the Project “Providing Drinking Water Through Roof Top RWH Structures” (FILE NO: TRDIT/KER/21/05/2004 dated 2nd June 2005) on 17-01-09 & 18-01-09 for NGO, Harijan Mahila Samajam, Cheriyakolla P.O., Thiruvananthapuram, Pin 695543
- MR. Shiju George , AP/IT did Mid-Term Evaluation of the Project “Roof Rain Water Harvesting Ferro Cement Units” (File No ARTS/KER/21/12/06-07/195, April 29,2009) on 05-06-09 & 06-06-09 for NGO Navodaya Mahila Samajam, Keezharoor ,Trivandrum ,Kerala
- MR. Shiju George AP/IT did Mid – Term Evaluation of the project “Roof Rain Water Harvesting” ( FILE NO.ARTS/KER/21/44/2005 dated 15th Feb 2007) on 05-05-08 & 06.05.08 accomplished by WE HELP (NGO), Manimala, Kerala.