Technical Excellence for Placement
Excellent placement record with an average placement of 89%
- Data Science and Analytics
- Machine Learning and Soft Computing
Technology Enhanced Pedagogy
Every year, Free and Open Source Software for Education (FOSSE) workshops are conducted for the students of IT Dept. We offer spoken tutorial workshops, online assessments in LINUX, C/ C++, Java, MySQL/PHP, Python etc. Students who complete the course and examination successfully, will get a digital certificate from IIT Bombay. The students are also encouraged to join MOOC courses leading them to understand and think out-of-the-box.
IT ScReW :- IT Students’ Creative Resource Enrichment Window
- Technical talks on latest developments in IT, Entrepreneur activities, Craft- work, Literature, Dance, Music, Acting, Sports & Yoga
- Technical workshops on the latest trends for interdisciplinary branches under IEEE Students’ Chapter.
- Nature Club: Intended to enhance our understanding about the interaction between human beings and the environment.
- Walk and Talk : To explore nature, fun and build healthy relationship.
Technical Excellence for Placement
- Supports Profile Preparation, Aptitude Training (via Moodle Software and Google cloud environment), Mock Interviews, Group Discussions and Core Technical Subject Preparation.
- Training in Personality Development, Communication Skills, Time Management and Presentation Skills.
The Dept of IT has taken initiative to share knowledge for the transformation of individuals under the Waves of Mango tree planted in front of the department. It provides a platform for the students and mentors to uphold and bridge the gap between the academia and industry culture. Sessions are conducted every week for an hour. Students are given opportunities to unleash their ideas and talents.
The Dept. of Information Technology follows a continuous system of personality and conducts appraisal and mentoring where 15 to 20 students are mentored by a faculty member, each semester. The progress of each student is monitored under a set of desirable and observable personality and character traits.
Additional Minor courses
- PC Hardware Training
- Advanced C programming & Java Programming
- Linux Administration
- Web Development using PHP
- Mobile Application Development in Android platform
- MySQL & Firebase realtime database
- Scholarships based on academic background
- Counselling: Faculty mentors for academic, and professionals for non academic matters.
- Department Library
- Women’s Cell
- Alumni Interaction Cell
- Quality Assurance Cell
IT Incubation @ AJCE : Startups Valley TBI
The Dept. of IT has launched a research and innovations company named Leopard Tech Labs Pvt Ltd in the Startups Valley TBI - AJCE, approved, supported and promoted by the Department of Science and Technology, Govt of India. The company recruits bright students as part-time employees from the second year onwards. students can do their projects in the real time environment and get vast exposure during their course.
- RedHat Certifications (RHCSA & RHCE) with the support of Dept. of Computer Applications.
- CCNA certification course.
- Support NPTEL & Coursera Certification courses during non-academic hours.
Research and Development
- Provide in-house research support for technical projects in areas of Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Soft Computing, Cryptography and Network Security.
- Funded Projects : Opportunity to work on live govt. and non-govt. projects.
IT Association is meant for promoting the technical and artistic skills of students. The Association conducts in-house technical, management and ethical events. Societal empowerment like Women’s Day celebrations, orphanage visits, monetary support to poor patients, blood donation and celebrations including Onam, Christmas, Welcome to Freshers, Farewell for final years etc are also conducted by the Association.
More on Programming Languages
An exclusive aptitude training programme in Python & C language is conducted. The laboratories are kept open beyond regular working hours for practicing basic programming languages. The Dept. offers three tiers of C programming classes- Beginner: Entry-level courses focus on the language’s capacities, functions, and limitations. Intermediate: Students get hands-on with C. Experienced: Advanced courses to develop real-time applications.
Digital India Week
The vision of Digital India Week focuses on inclusive growth in areas of electronic services, products, manufacturing and job opportunities etc. Every year, the Dept. conducts sessions to impart digital empowerment of the students.
The Spoken Tutorial Project began with funding from the National Mission on Education through ICT of the MHRD. The Dept. has contributed many tutorials in Java Programming Track and Digital Divide Track. Since its inception, altogether around 256 students were trained.
- Machine Learning Lab
- Data Science Engineering Lab
- Networking Lab
- Programming & Internet Lab