The Objective of the Engineering Physics Lab is to impart practical knowledge about some of the phenomena they have studied in the Engineering Physics course and (ii) to develop the experimental skills of the students. The Lab sessions will bring more confidence and ability for students to fabricate engineering and technical equipments. The experiments are selected from various areas of physics like waves, optics, lasers, fiber optics and basic electronics. It also gives practical exposure to the usage of CRO, power sources, function generator etc.The major experiments include:
- Study of application of Cathode Ray Oscilloscope (CRO) for Frequency and Amplitude measurements
- Temperature measurement – Thermocouple
- The LCR Circuit – Forced and damped harmonic oscillations
- Melde’s string apparatus. Measurement of frequency in transverse and longitudinal modes
- Wave length measurement of a monochromatic source of light using Newton’s Rings method
- Determination the wavelength of He-Ne laser or any standard laser using diffraction grating.
- Calculate the numerical aperture and study the losses that occur in optical fiber cable.
- Determine the I-V characteristics of the given solar cell
- Measure Planck’s constant using photo electric cell.