IE (The Institution of Engineers – India)
The Institution of Engineers (India) is the first professional body to represent India in several International Bodies, such as the World Mining Congress (WMC), the World Federation of Engineering Organizations (WFEO), the Commonwealth Engineers’ Council (CEC), the Federation Internationale du Beton (fib), and the Federation of Engineering Institutions of South and Central Asia (FEISCA). It also has bilateral agreements with a number of professional societies across the globe.
The Institution of Engineers (India) functions with and amongst the professional engineers, academicians and research workers and provides a vast array of technical, professional and supporting services to the government and the industries along with the academic and engineering communities.
IIPE (Indian Institute of Production Engineers)
IIPE aim to serve the manufacturing fraternity- whether you are an engineer or an accountant or even a medical doctor, but engaged in some way contributing to the manufacturing and technology excellence of this country -you can benefit from IIPE
We aim to provide a platform for networking and knowledge sharing , accessible whenever or wherever you choose.
ISTE (The Indian Society for Technical Education)
The Indian Society for Technical Education is a national, professional, non-profit Society registered under the Indian Societies Registration Act of 1860. First started in 1941 as the Association of Principals of Technical Institutions (APTI), it was converted into “Indian Society for Technical Education” in 1968 with a view to enlarge its activities to advance the cause of Technology education. The major objective of the ISTE is to assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technicians needed by the industries and other organizations. Being the only national organization of educators in the field of Engineering and Technology.
IPR Cell (Intellectual property Rights Cell)
Intellectual property (IP) refers to various distinct types of creations of the mind : inventions, literary and artistic works, and symbols, names, images, and designs used in commerce; for which a set of exclusive rights like copyrights, trademarks, patents, industrial design rights and trade secrets are recognized under the corresponding fields of law.
“Intellectual property is a part and parcel of our life. No matter what we do and where we are, we are always surrounded by the fruits of human creativity and inventions which make our life easier”.
IEDC (Innovation & Entrepreneurship Development Centre)
The Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre (IEDC) is an initiative of National Science and Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB), Department of Science and Technology (DST), New Delhi. With an aim of develop institutional mechanism to create entrepreneurial culture in academic institutions to foster growth of innovation and entrepreneurship amongst the faculty and students.
The mission of the IEDC Scheme is to “Develop institutional mechanism to create entrepreneurial culture in academic institutions to foster growth of innovation and entrepreneurship amongst the faculty and students”
Inauguration of Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering (IIIE)
The Dept. of Mechanical Engineering of Amal Jyothi College hosted the Association of Mechanical Engineering (AME) annual meet and the inauguration of Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering (IIIE) AJCE Student Chapter on 3rd April 2014. Prof R.A.D Pillai, Former Deputy Director, VSSC and National Council member of IIIE inaugurated the IIIE chapter of AJCE. In his inaugural address he spoke about “New Industrial Engineer” Mr: A.G. Ajikrishnan, DGM- Technical, Wonderla Holidays Ltd. and General Secretary of IIIE, Kerala chapter, delivered the key note address. Principal Rev.Dr. Jose Kannampuzha gave the presidential address. Head of the department of Mechanical Engineering Dr.Jippu Jacob, Faculty members Prof K.P.Sundhareswaran, Prof.K.R.Arjun, Student representative of the association, Mr.Chacko T Francis etc spoke on the occasion. Association student secretary George Benedict presented the annual report of the association.
National Institution for Quality and Reliability (NIQR)
NIQR came into existence in July 1987 with the amalgamation of National Institution of Quality Assurance and Indian Association of Quality and Reliability.
National Institution for Quality and Reliability is administrated by a National Executive Council functioning at the National Head Quarters at Chennai, Tamil Nadu and Executive Committee at various Branches
- Organize Quality Congress, conferences, seminars, symposia, workshops, lectures and short duration training programs on quality and reliability.
- Evolve and organize comprehensive training programmes tailor made to suit the needs of different types of industries disciplines and levels.
- Provide modern training aids, audio visuals such as documentaries / films.
- Bring overseas experts to share the expertise and experiences.
- Assist organizations in promoting quality circles and cross functional teams for achieving better quality and reliability.
- Provide opportunities for top management and others to study quality management practices abroad and help them to adapt these practices in Indian conditions.
- Conduct hand-holding programs for improvement of MSMEs through Cluster Approach.
- Provide consultancy services to large and medium-scale industries to upgrade their quality related skills leading to Total Quality Management (TQM).
- Organize training programmes and seminars on different topics related to quality, at different branches to spread awareness as well as to provide in depth knowledge.
- NIQR also organize In House training programmes on a limited scale and help organisations in setting quality systems and implementation of TQM.
For Individual and Organizational Subscribed Members of NIQR
- Organise and conduct monthly lecture meetings for subscribed Members of NIQR.
- Organise and conduct TWO Memorial Lectures in memory of Prof. C.Y.Krishna Murti and Shri L.S.N.Guptha – once a year.
- Organise and conduct ONE Endowment Lecture in the name of Dr.Kayasuzuki – on Reliability Engineering once a year