“Leaders are made, they are not born. They are made by hard effort,
which is the price which all of us must pay to achieve any goal that is worthwhile.” –Vince Lombardi.
Department of Mechanical Engineering Automobile is looking forward to create world class professionals, leaders or administrators for the ultimate development of our mother land. To achieve this goal, overall development of a student is an important footstep during the course of study. Automobile Association of Amal Jyothi (AAA) is an initiative of Dept. of AUE to inspire our students to develop their inborn talents. As part of AAA, we are organizing academic and co-curricular activities like Invited talks, Industrial visits & tours, Project exhibitions etc with mission to provide a platform for aspirants of automobile engineering to learn, discover, create, rebuild and thus to making the world even better.
The department of Mechanical Engineering Automobile was functioning in co-ordination with Mechanical Engineering department of the college initially. As the department became full fledged, it separated from parent department in July 2011. So to strengthen the activities of students in the Mechanical Engineering Automobile Department, a new association was suggested for students with title Automobile Association of Amal Jyothi(AAA). AAA activities was formally cranked in a big way by Mr. Shaji Mathew(Director- Customer Service, Volvo India Pvt Ltd.) on March 11,2013 . Respected Father Principal Dr. Jose Kannampuzha blessed the occasion. Our beloved HoD, K. Vijayan formally presented the logo of the association. The gathering was also privileged by the presence of Dr. Jippu Jacob , HoD ME and Dr. K.G. Samual, HoD Metallurgy and Material Science.
Goals of AAA
- To narrow the gap in student-teacher relationship
- To back every student initiative whole-heartedly, provided it is for the common good
- To strengthen the leadership qualities and personality development of students.
- To create an ambience of academic excellence in which new ideas and research flourish from which the leaders and innovators will emerge.
- To ensure broad exposure in the design, development and testing of automobiles
- To provide experiential learning environment for outcome based teaching- learning process.
- To back the placement activities of the department.
- To conduct automobile related exhibition and awareness programs related to road safety and driving habits