An Electoral Literacy Club is a platform to engage college students through interesting activities and hands-on experience to sensitise them on their electoral rights and familiarise them with the electoral process of registration and voting. ELCs are also present in colleges and rural communities.
Electoral Literacy Club is being set up to promote electoral literacy among students through engaging and interesting activities and hands-on experience but in an apolitical, neutral and non-partisan manner.
Electoral literacy club aims at strengthening the culture of electoral participation among young and future voters.
- To educate the targeted populations about voter registration, electoral process and related matters through hands on experience;
- To facilitate EVM and VVPAT familiarization and education about the robustness of EVM as well as the integrity of the electoral process using EVMs;
- To help the target audience understand the value of their vote and exercise their right to franchise in a confident, comfortable and ethical manner;
- To harness the potential of ELC members for carrying the electoral literacy in communities;
- To facilitate voter registration for its eligible members who are not yet registered;
- To develop a culture of electoral participation and maximize the informed and ethical voting and follow the principle 'Every vote counts' and 'No Voter to be Left Behind'.